Gujaratis Residing Anywhere In India And Abroad Can Donate 60% Of Project Cost To Village Of Their Choice | Ahmedabad News

0
AHMEDABAD: Chief Minister Vijay Rupani decided on Saturday to undertake development works totaling Rs 1,000 crore for the development of all villages in Gujarat to provide the best facilities to the residents of ‘Vatan Prem Yojna’ from here December-2022.
Presiding over the first Vatan Prem Yojna Society board meeting here, he said the program involves Gujaratis living anywhere in India or abroad can donate 60 percent of the cost of the project. for the village of their choice, the remaining 40 percent will be subsidized by the state government.
He said a number of projects have been identified for construction under the program, but priority will be given to building classrooms in schools where it is needed.
Other projects include a smart classroom, a community hall, a primary health center, an anganwadi, a midday meal kitchen, a storage room, a library, a vyayam shala and kits, CCTV cameras, a security system. surveillance, crematorium, water recycling system and gutter, sewage treatment plant, beautification lake, ST stand, solar street light, drinking water tube well, motor, etc.
Rupani asked the education department to provide the list of those schools that need more classrooms with details on the program’s web portal.
Other people who attended the board meeting included Minister of State for Panchayat Jaydrathsinh Parmar, Additional Chief Secretary for Panchayat and Rural Development Vipul Mittra, Development Commissioner Sandip Kumar, the Science and Technology Secretary Vijay Nehra, Finance Secretary Manisha Chandra, Chief Minister DH Shah’s OSD, Head of State Bharat Pandya and Additional Development Commissioner Vishal Gupta.
A presentation of the device was also made during the meeting.
A project management unit has been established for the efficient implementation of the different aspects of the program, in addition to opening a separate bank account at the state level for donors to make payments through a web portal. A donor plaque will be placed after the completion of the project thanking the donor, along with a separate portal for web design.
A 24/7 call center will be set up to announce the selection of donors for Vatan Prem Yojna
While the Chief Minister is the Chairman of the Board, the Minister of State of Panchayat is the Vice Chairman and the Development Commissioner is the Secretary-Member. The other members are the Additional Chief Secretaries for Finance and Panchayat, the Secretaries of Water Supply, Rural Development, Roads and Development, Science and Technology, the Chairman of the NRG Foundation and two personalities associated with rural development as guests.


Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.